Na het met goed gevolg afleggen van de - ook in Nederland geaccrediteerde opleiding - is de logopedist bevoegd dit programma uit te voeren en dit ook als zodanig bekend te maken. De opleiding is geheel in het Engels.
Uit de inhoud:
The More Than Words workshop certifies you to lead
More Than Words -- The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children on the Autism Spectrum, a family-centered, social–pragmatic intervention program for parents of young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Its goal is to build capacity in parents so they can play a primary role in facilitating their child’s social, communication, and vocabulary development.
In leading the More Than Words Program, the Hanen Certified SLP helps parents:
- Identify their child’s social communication skills and stage of communication
- Use the above information to set realistic and appropriate communication goals collaboratively with the SLP
- Use everyday routines and play activities as contexts for building the child’s social and communication skills
- Structure the child’s environment to increase his motivation and opportunities to communicate
- Facilitate the development of social communication, including joint attention, within pleasurable, extended interactions
- Facilitate the development of imitation
- Use visual aids and print to build the child’s understanding
- Fine-tune their language input to foster expressive and receptive language development
- Facilitate their child’s play skills
- Help their child make friends
Informatie via de Logopedie.academy